Friday, May 16, 2008

Feeding and Growing

Last night Eric's mom (YaYa) and I went to see Addi before bed. She was awake and alert. It was the first time I felt like she was a "real" baby. She didn't have all the tubes and wires hooked up to her face. Daddy went to see her before work so he was able to see her before me without all those yucky tubes. When I got there I sat and held her for the longest time. The nurses were nice enough to let me hold her beyond my allotted 30 minutes since she was so peaceful. All of her "stats" (heart rate, respiratory rate, and oxygen level) looked great. The doctors were confident enough to actually move the c-papp machine out of the room. Yea! She feels like a FREE women!







This morning I made my usual visit but they were admitting another baby so I had to wait a while. I waited patiently and when they let me in I held her. She was sleeping the whole time but I didn't mind. The nurses always comment on how well she does (her "stats") when I am holding her. That's because she wants her Mommy. :) They moved her feeding tube from her mouth to her nose so it wouldn't bother her as much. Now I can see her beautiful lips. They are fortifying her breast milk so it has more calories and she can gain some more weight. Today she weighed 2 pounds 10.8 ounces.

Our nurse today, Susan, grabbed my camera for a quick photo so I would have plenty of pictures with both of us. I will return to the hospital this afternoon and again with Daddy this evening. I am so glad to see her this way.




1 comment:

Debra Welborn said...

It is so great to get to see her beautiful face! We're thrilled about the news that she's doing so well!
So happy that Mommy gets to hold her now....I totally believe that will make a big difference in her progress.
Thanks so much for keeping up this blog and the pics....we really enjoy keeping up.

Love,
Debra Welborn