Saturday, May 17, 2008

10 days old

Well, today was a good day for Miss Addi. She weighed 2 lbs 11.2 oz. They are going to start giving her iron supplements to increase her blood. Apparently that is common with preemies. Tomorrow they will begin to start teaching her to feed from a bottle! How exciting! Although she won't be able to take a full feeding from it, they will try once a day so she learns to start sucking. This is exciting because when she got there (10 days ago) they said they wouldn't even try for 3-4 weeks. Eric and I spent most of the day with her. Now that she is not jaundice or hooked up to a c-papp I get to hold her as much as I want! So...I hold her for hours each day. I love it. The nurses are letting me change diapers, get her temperature, and teaching me the things I don't know how to do like her monitors. Today, nurse Susan made her a bow :) She looked so cute! I can't believe how far we have come in just 10 days.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Addison, Welcome to this World.My name is Cherry Brimager. My Sister is Carolyn Mayfield, who is your Grandmother's best friend.She ask if I would say special prayers for you. I told her that I would, and I hope that they have helped you to feel better ever day. Pleasekeep getting better everday.
My Love To You
Cherry

Anonymous said...

Addison, Welcome to this World.My name is Cherry Brimager. My Sister is Carolyn Mayfield, who is your Grandmother's best friend.She ask if I would say special prayers for you. I told her that I would, and I hope that they have helped you to feel better ever day. Pleasekeep getting better everday.
My Love To You
Cherry

Anonymous said...

Carrie, she's BEAUTIFUL! And you look marvelous, girl! I am so happy to finally see pictures - it sounds like Addi is making fantastic progress. So glad you're getting to cuddle her so much! The girls send their love & prayers, and we are so happy you are getting to spend this special time with your baby girl. She is precious!!! Lots of love, Marissa, Shelby, Meredith & Julia